A commercial electrician is a professionally trained and licensed personnel who focuses on electrical systems of a building used for a commercial purpose rather than a residential purpose. Commercial electricians deal with more extensive systems full of wiring and electrical supplies. Their primary work is to install the wires and identify and remove inadequate circuits by repairing and replacing them. Commercial electricians are trained to work with complicated circuits in large places. Commercial buildings that hire commercial electricians include high-rise buildings, restaurants, government jobs, and shopping malls.
The types of services offered by a commercial electrician
We provide commercial electricians that are versatile in the kind of services they provide. Our services include:
- Preventative maintenance
- Phone and data installations
- Testing and tagging of equipment
- Surge protection
- Exit and emergency lighting installation
- Testing of the installed exit and emergency lighting
- Switchboard inspections
- Upgrade of the switching boards
- Safety switching/RDC testing
- Uninterrupted power supply(UPS)
What is the work of a commercial electrician?
Commercial election duties pertain to large-scale electrical works. Their responsibilities include:
- Installing of wires and electrical units
- Covering of open wiring systems and circuits
- Inspecting any issues in the wiring system
- Performing maintenance requirements for the wiring system
- Inspecting the electrical wiring systems are installed according to the wiring codes of standards required
- Diagnosing all the problems associated with the wiring system that need to be worked on
- Making a suitable plan for new installations and the system that needs to be constructed.
- Make readings of new technical drawing
- Ensure that the installation of the wiring system follows the guidelines outlined by the authorising committee or the government.
- Train and supervise the people that work in the same environment.
- Be the team leader of the teams working on large-scale jobs.
Why do you need a commercial electrician?
Working with electricity can be dangerous, and one needs to look for qualified personnel to do the work. When one reaches for the switch to turn on the lights, but the lights do not turn on, the first thing you think of is trying to contact an electrician. For quality services, one should be careful about the type of people they offer the job.
If you are a business owner, you understand the importance of keeping your work from electrical hazards. It is always a challenge to find a licensed, high-quality electrician that you can trust. A commercial electrician understands the value of the business and what can result from shoddy work done. We ensure that your wiring system is adequate and has no open circuits that can do a lot of damage. We guarantee to give the customer the best services and strictly adhere to the laws outlined by the government or the official authorised committee.
Qualifications and qualities of a commercial electrician
For one to be a certified commercial electrician, one needs first to obtain an electrotechnical qualification. A good commercial electrician should possess the following qualities:
- Be knowledgeable and have experience – it is crucial to work with a knowledgeable and well-experienced person for any commercial project.
- Dependable – any business owner wants to hire someone that will show up in time and contribute to the project.
- Consistent – one requires a commercial contractor that will remain consistent. A constituent contractor always gives good quality of work.
- They should pay attention to detail – attention to detail is a crucial element as any minor mistake may lead to fatal outcomes.
- They should have license and insurance – they should have proper licensing and insurance from well-recognised organizations.
- They should possess business skills- business skills go hand in hand with the commercial electrician to understand the operations of the business to come up with an effective wiring system plan.
- They should offer comprehensive services. They should be able to perform all the services they are required to do without outsourcing them.
How will your business benefit from a commercial electrician?
Commercial electricians are professionally trained and know everything about electrical systems. Proper lighting and visibility are crucial for your business in ensuring your employees work to the best of their abilities. A commercial electrician lays down the different types of lighting to the business owner and advises them on the most appropriate for their business. As a business owner, you have to worry about running the business on your plate, and adhering to the wiring systems codes should be the least of your worries. Hiring a commercial electrician ensures that all the regulations are complied with.
Hiring a commercial electrician will also help minimize the risk of electrical fires in the business. They are well trained and have specialized skills to identify potential workplace hazards. This protects your business and gives your employees a safe space to work.
We, ElecSmith Electrical Services, are a team that has experience with many different types of electrical projects. We work efficiently and accurately to ensure the customer is delighted with the work and according to their expectations.Take the stress of finding the right commercial electrician for yourself. ElecSmith Electrical Services, has your back. We are 100% Australian and have been operational for quite some time now. After a long period of experience in work, we have formed a well-respected reputation for our clients’ excellent services.