Electrical rewiring is one of the many tasks an electrician can handle for you. Electricians are essential in the community, as you may already know that almost everything today runs on electricity. Most of our homes are manageable and secured by electricity with installation of systems like home alarms, light installation Melbourne, security camera installation Melbourne etc. All these systems will require a fully competent and qualified electrician to install.
What Does an Electrician Do? Electrical rewiring and Other Duties
Technically, we are tradespeople meaning that our main tasks are to plan, install and sustain electrical systems in diverse environments. The wiring systems could be located in commercial buildings or residential homes.
We work outside or inside, depending on the nature of the job. Without our expertise, Australians would find it challenging to access televisions, lights and the most modern appliances used today. Here is a listing of what we do at ElecSmith:
- Read the architectural, electrical and mechanical drawings
- Comprehend the electrical theory and electrical specifications to know what exactly the job requires
- Plan the correct layouts for the wiring systems
- Pinpoint the appropriate equipment for a given electrical job
- Install power outlets, lighting, cable trays, conduits, ladder racks, emergency lighting and circuit breakers
- Test, electrical rewiring and maintenance
- Connect electrical appliances and equipment
- Install switchboards and motors
- Install voice and data cabling
- Install electrical controls that are automated
Our electricians will also be responsible for other electrical tasks that are specific to your house or building. That means an industrial electrician may perform different tasks and even use different electrical equipment in their line of work. However, the goal remains to keep the electrical systems in perfect condition.
Electrical rewiring and Other Types of Services by Electricians
Our team is fully experienced with several different types of electrical projects. The team works diligently to make sure the systems are working correctly. ElecSmith has a good reputation after being successful in most of the electrical projects we have handled. Among the services we offer include:
- Service upgrades
- Electrical rewiring
- Maintenance service calls
- Motor controls
- Fire alarms and security
- Ballast lamp installation and replacement
- LED upgrades
- Phone and data installations
- TV points
- Energy efficiency upgrades
- Surge protection
- Safety switch
- Split system supply
- Split system repairs
- System upgrades
- Preventative maintenance
- Uninterrupted power supply
Why Hire an Electrician for Your Electrical Rewiring and Other Electrical Issues?
Handling electricity is very risky. This is one of the top reasons you should hire our experts to handle your electrical issues. Electricity can be deadly if not handled using the right equipment, expertise and safety training. It could also bring about damages to property if not handled well. We advise that you work with professional electricians to avoid incorrect repairs, which may lead to a fire.
We have often been called due to a technical hitch at home and found out that the hitch was only an avatar to a much larger issue with the electrical system. Only a qualified electrician will troubleshoot, find the exact root cause of the hitch in the system, and tell you the appropriate solution.
Many people who try to DIY electrical issues contact us to handle the task after failing to accomplish the task. At this time, the problem is already more complex than how it was, which will cost you a lot for the repair. That is why we advise that you contact a professional electrician in case of an issue before trying to mend the hitch on your own.
Our experts pass through many hours of on-the-job training and in-class to learn everything about electricity. Before being granted the license to participate as electricians, they have to be certified. That makes them fully competent to practice as professional electricians. To receive the certification as an electrician, you have to have undergone some hours of training. When getting an electrician for your electrical rewiring issues, verify that the firm is licensed, bonded and insured.
Qualifications of an Electrician
Do you wish to become an electrician? Find time to look at the qualifications to become an electrician in your area. Different regions may have different requirements to certify you as an electrician. For you to be licensed as a professional electrician, you have to successfully pass all the qualifications. However, here are the main things to do if you want to become an electrician in Australia:
- Electrical apprenticeship. After the certificate, you have to get an apprenticeship which is another qualification. The apprenticeship should cover about four years of structure training in a registered institution. This should complete Certificate III in Electrotechnology.
- After this, you can now apply for a license as an electrician. Check-in your region the requirements for you to receive an electrician license as the information should be readily available.
Electricians are essential people in the world today. Without us, not many things would currently be running. In case of any electrical hitches and problems, contact us at ElecSmith, and we will gladly handle everything electrical for you.