An electrician is a person who is designing, installing, maintaining, and repairing the products, electrical maintenance, and electrical systems. Industrial electricians are working outside and inside buildings to ensure lights, appliances, and industrial equipment are operating reliably and safely. Industrial electricians are involved in installing wiring, electrical maintenance, and solving electrical problems in industries.
As an industrial electrician, you will need to get electricity from various sources to places where consumers and individuals will use it. The multiple responsibilities are typically associated with the job from varying areas which may be include:
- Planning of the electrical systems for the various new buildings, including the most appropriate position for ventilation systems, heating outlets, electrical maintenance, light fixtures, and electrical outlets.
- Interpretation and reading of architect technical documents, circuit diagrams, architect blueprints.
- Installing control, lighting, and wiring systems in existing and new buildings to fixtures and components and testing of the various completed circuits for electrical maintenance.
- Installing of relays, circuit panel breaker, and switches for electrical maintenance.
- Installing brackets and hangers to support various electrical products.
- Performance of maintenance procedures to keep control systems, lighting, and wiring in the best working order.
- Inspection of electrical components, transformers, and circuit breakers for various faults and electrical maintenance.
- Use of various testing devices to discover why different electrical systems and products are always malfunctioning.
- Upgrading, replacing and repairing outdated or faulty wiring, fixtures, or electrical equipment, which is includes isolating faults for safe removing, electrical maintenance, and replacement.
- Training of various electricians and then directing them to perform multiple specific tasks for electrical maintenance.
Working Environment of Industrial Electricians
Industrial Electricians spend their time in industries in renovation and construction or telecommunications systems. In most cases, they may work in large spaces or also in cramped conditions. These various working environments are involving the use of live electrical wires. Therefore, they might be dangerous, especially when caution is not taken.
Unlike most of the other different employees who are engaging in a regular place of work, industrial electricians work in various industries. When they are done with their job in a given industry, they then move on to working in the next sector.
Qualifications to Becoming Industrial Electricians
One will end up becoming a professional industrial electrician after securing a high school diploma or something equivalent to it. Industrial electricians usually gain their skills while on the job, which is central to various degree holders.
Experience of Industrial Electricians
You now have adequate information on what an industrial electrician does and electrical maintenance. Besides, you also have more information on what to look at before employing an industrial electrician. Therefore, you need to follow this information as it will help you in picking your industrial electrician with confidence.
ElecSmith are your local licensed electrical contractors. We specialise in:
- Light installation
- Electrical maintenance
- Switchboard upgrades
- Electrical rewiring
- Domestic electrical work
- Commercial electrical work
- Industrial electricians
- Electrical faults
- Electrical safety
- Air conditioning installation
To book an appointment, please call our friendly team on 0404 027 457. Our team is ready to service you in Melbourne.